Designed primarily for vocal applications—but with a high enough SPL to handle snare drums, guitar cabs, and more—the Samson Q8x is a dynamic, handheld microphone sporting a neodymium mic element. Its supercardioidpolar pattern makes it quite suitable for the stage, as it tends to only pick up sound directly in front of the capsule. In this manner, feedback coming from monitors, mains, and other sound-reinforcement equipment can be greatlyreduced. It can, however, also be used for recording sessions.
The frequency response of the microphone extends from 50 Hz to 16 kHz, and has been tweaked to suit the voice, with a roll off in the lows to reducemuddinessand a lift in the midrange to improve clarity. You'll note, for instance, the bump at 8 kHz, which helps enhance the voice and provide presence.
Encased in a pneumatic shockmount, the diaphragm is quite safe fromhandling noise. You'll note the steel grille, which helps bolster the mics reliability. A rugged, die-cast zinc-alloy casing has been employed to ensure durability for years to come. You'll find a mic clip included with the Q8x,as well as a zipper pouch.
- Dynamic, neodymium mic element with neodymium magnet provides clear, crisp sound
- Sensitive diaphragm picks up all of nuances of performance
- Hardened steel grill
- High-saturation level audio transformer to minimize hum and noise
- Frequency response tailored for vocal performance with a midrange lift and low-frequency roll off
- Supercardioid polar pattern minimizesfeedback problems and effectively rejects signals not originating directly in front of the mic capsule
- Able to withstand high SPLs (Sound Pressure Levels), lending itself to a wide range of situations
- Pneumaticshockmount greatly reduces handling noise
- Rugged zinc alloy die-casting case ensures reliable performance
- Gold plated XLR Connector
- Includes mic clip Includes zipper pouch