The quintessential tutorial to get you started in the complex but satisfying world of Jazz guitar. Fred Sokolow gives you all the basics you will need, including chords, scales, licks and theory, to get started playing Jazz straight away. In this 75 minute lesson you will learn:
- Chord construction and chord types
- Scalewise progressions and how to use them
- The Circle-of-fifths, how to recognise and use it
- Comping, chords and single note solos
- Improvising with scale and chord-based licks
- How to recognise and solo over the II-V-I progression.