The Bass is fundamental to all forms of music, and being a versatile and accomplished player has never been so important. This pocket-sized guide to the Bass, written by Stuart Clayton, provides you with everything you need to develop a comprehensive knowledge of your instrument and the music you play on it.
Starting with the basics of tning up and finding your way around the fretboard, the book then presents a series of tutorials covering:
- All aspects Notation and Tablature
- How to form an effective practice schedule
- The basics of major/minor diatonic harmony
- Left hand accuracy and exercises
- Phrasing techniques including slurs, trills, bending and vibrato
- Playing fingerstyle, muting and the travelling thumb
- Slap Bass - how it works and when to use it
- Playing with a pick
- How to arrange and transcribe
You will even find a section covering the bass itself, how to buy an instrument and what to look for in your own price range. Soon you will find yourself accomplished and confident in a large variety of musical situations.