A fully comprehensve guide to writing melody, for the novice or seasoned songwriter alike. This exhaustive study breaks down the process of composing effective and poignant melodies for your songs, whatever your style or or purpose. Disciplines considered include:
- Rhythm and phrasing ideas
- Song sections and formal construction
- Composing melodies over and against chord progressions
- Lots of unusual or characteristc tonalities including diatonic modes, blues scales and more exotic harmonies
- Writing melodies against basslines and riffs
Full explanation of the theory and jargon is provided for those with no previous formal music theory, making this complete and highly intuitive guide accessible for all.