A modern comprehensive guide to the nuts and bolts of real Jazz drumming. Ed Soph guides you through the exercises, techniques and disciplines required to become an exciting and challenging rhythm player and improvisor. This step-by-step course teaches you to...
- Set up your kit and practice more effectively
- The Ride pattern
- Quarter-note and Double-eighth note exercises
- The shuffle and combination ride patterns
- Non-repetitive patterns
- Double-eighths on the Snare and Bass drums
- Off-beat combination and exercises
The accompanying CD is packed with examples, plus some superb playing by a professional trio to how you how the ideas can work and develop. A corresponding DVD is also available: use catalogue number HUD700689.