This book is the live recording engineer's bible, covering everything you need to know about getting a great sound in a less-than-great environment. Industry expert Paul White presents a world of vital information including:
- Microphone choice, positioning, and operation
- How to get the best from different rooms
- How to approach different scenarios, including live bands and church choirs
- Successfully combining acoustic and electric elements
- Pragmatism, and what to expect from musicians, audience and other 'human' factors.
The secret to the best live recording is to capture the essence of a special musical moment, and this book features all the advice you need to do just that!