The most complete and comprehensive guide to the acoustic guitar to date. This huge volume, with 2 CDs featuring 158 audio examples, covers absolutely everything you will need to know to approach, master and enjoy the acoustic guitar to its full potential...
- How to care for your instrument
- Different approaches to tuning
- Effective practicing and getting the best from your hands
- Tons of full pieces in a great variety of styles
- A guide to musical theory and composing, specifically written for the guitarist
- Extended chords, harmony, modal soloing and unusual improvisation
- Self-accompaniment and building exciting rhythm parts
- Loads of advanced techniques and effects such as raked harmonics and tapping
- A guide to the use of different pickups and their properties
- Caring for your instrument in transit, and all aspects of gigging - from equipment behaviour to etiquette.
Seriously detailed and fully comprehensive - if this book doesn't cover it, it simply isn't worth knowing!