Widely admired as one of MacMillan’s finest achievements, this promises an absorbing and moving experience in concert, for performers and audience alike. This cantata follows Christ’s final utterances at the Crucifixion, meditating on each to form a dramatic and emotional sequence.
- Father, forgive them for they know not what they do
- Woman, behold thy Son!... Behold thy Mother!
- Verily, I say unto you, today thou shalt be with me in Paradise
- Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?
- I thirst
- It is finished
- Father, into Thy hands I commend my Spirit