This friendly, hands-on guide tackles the new face of the recording industry, guiding you through the shift from traditional sales to downloads and mobile music, as well as how you can harness social media networks to get your music "out there." You get basic songwriting concepts, insider tips and advice, and inspiration for writing - and selling - meaningful, timeless songs.
- Songwriting 101 - get a grip on everything you need to know to write a song, from learning to listen to your "inner voice" to creating a "mood" and everything in between
- Jaunt around the genres - discover the variety of musical genres and find your fit, whether it's rock, pop, R&B, gospel, country, or more
- Let the lyrics out - master the art of writing lyrics, from finding your own voice to penning the actual words to using hooks, verses, choruses, and bridges
- Make beautiful music - find your rhythm, make melodies, and use chords to put the finishing touches on your song
- Work the Web - harness online marketing and social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and others to get your music heard by a whole new audience