This superb DVD includes a selection of easy to absorb, 5 minute lessons that are designed to teach the beginner or intermediate guitarist some of the essential basics of Guitar playing.
Over the course of these 20 lessons you will learn some basic techniques such as open chords, movable chords and strumming patterns, plus naming the parts of the Guitar and how to tune the Guitar, how to use effects and get a good sound from your amplifier. You will also learn licks in a wide variety of styles including rock, blues, country and heavy metal.
This DVD includes:
- What different parts of the Guitar do
- Tuning the Guitar
- How to strum a chord
- How to play power chords Using the plectrum
- Essential techniques such as string bending, hammer on and pull off, sliding and vibrato
- How to play simple blues licks, rock licks, metal licks and country licks
- How to get a great sound; blues, rock, metal, and country sound set ups
- How to play movable chord shapes
- How to use a distortion pedal
Danny Gill is a former pupil of Joe Satriani, and co-author of the Musicians Institute Rock Lead Guitar series. His songs have appeared on numerous TV shows including 'The Osbournes' as well as motion picture soundtracks such as 'Insomnia' and 'Under Siege'.