For exams 2009/2010 onwards
This book contains a series of questions that will help you to prepare fully for Unit 2 (Listening and Analysing) of your AS Music Technology course, and Unit 4 (Analysing and Producing) of the A2. It has been carefully written by an experienced teacher and examiner to match the requirements of the new Edexcel GCE Music Technology specification (for first examination in 2009/2010). It can be used for coursework or for revision and preparation in the final weeks before your exam.
- Practice questions on music, recording techniques, production, and style.
- Practical tests for editing music, including audio material to work with.
- Helpful hints and advice to enable you to do your best.
- Practical exercises in recording, producing, sequencing, composing and arranging, based on the music you hear.
- A comprehensive glossary that explains all of the terms you need to know.
All tracks for the AS tests are available to download from iTunes.
Click here to open a playlist with links to the iTunes tracks.
Click here for instructions on how to use iTunes and to download the tracks.
Tracks for the A2 tests are available on CD, RHG319.
Alec Boulton is a freelance music teacher, studio-design consultant, recording producer, pianist and composer. He delivers music technology (KS workshops through to A level) in a number of schools in London. He is also company director of Route 430 Ltd.