Whether teacher, performer, first-time director or experienced stage-hand, Lin Marsh And Wendy Cook: The Show Must Go On!
is a good starting point for a first venture into music theatre, or a source of new ideas if you are an old hand.
This book offers all you need to know to ensure that your show runs smoothly and successfully, including help in:
- Choosing imaginative and appropriate repertoire.
- Designing your set, costumes and props.
- Creating the magic through music, lighting and sound.
- Scheduling, from audition to performance.
- Teaching and staging a song.
- Preparing your performers, both physically and vocally.
Have you ever found a jigsaw in a plastic bag at the back of a cupboard, without a picture showing how it should look? This is the challenge faced by anyone putting together a piece of musical theatre, an enormous number of elements that must fit together perfectly. Lin and Wendy have put together more than most and know just how it is done.