The Fender Standard Koil Kords Cables are not the typical vintage coiled cable designs from the 60's, with severely rolled off highs and questionable construction methods, but rather a new interpretation that still does justice to the past without ignoring modern needs. These newly designed cables are engineered to preserve what is good about the original coiled cables, without the problems and compromises. They do have the distinctive coiled cable voicing, but with a quieter background resulting from a twisted pair design using separate signal and return conductors, in addition to a double shield. However, the stranding of these cables was optimized to compensate for the coiling, which adds inductance, and affects the sound. The use of heavier gauge oxygen free copper conductors and better noise and interference that can compromise recording or live sound performance.
- 99.99% purity oxygen free copper conductors for superior sound quality.
- Optimal stranding for best frequency balance.
- Separate signal and return conductors for superior noice immunity and better tone.
- Maximum noise isolation using two separate shields.
- Premium quality abrasion resistant high temperature PVC jacket for maximum durability.
- Precision engineered connectors for maximum conductivity and reliability.
- Precision formulated Polypropylene dielectric for maximum signal transfer and unique tone.