This one-of-a-kind, comprehensive textbook on teaching rhythm takes a unique, visionary, in-depth look at how teachers teach rhythm and how learners learn it. It consists of five major sections:
- Part One presents a logical, student dentered, five-step Rhythm Learning Sequence for introducing students to the performance of rhythms, from sound to sight.
- Part Two is a minutely detailed look at the author's philosophy of
- Part Three discusses Counting Systems and their effective uses in the classroom.
- Part Four takes a comprehensive look at Compound Meter and the ease with which it can be taught and learned.
- Part Five suggests a unique and creative way to introduce students to Irregular and Mixed Meters.