Viola Time is a great series for young Viola players. Packed with lively original tunes, well-known pieces, and easy duets, the series is carefully paced and organized to build confidence every step of the way.
Viola Time Sprinters includes:
- Pieces using the finger pattern 01-2-34 plus low 2nd fingers and high third fingers.
- 2nd and 3rd position pieces.
- A range of bowing techniques, e.g. spiccato, hooked bowing, and string crossing.
- original pieces in different styles plus well-known pieces.
- Pieces using modes, the chromatic and blues scales, and dominant 7ths.
- Duets with parts of equal difficulty.
- CD with performances and backings for all the pieces as well as tuning tracks; drumkit and bass added for the jazz and rock numbers.
- Straightforward Piano accompaniments in a separate volume (9780193360822)