A new Urtext critical edition of Chopin's numerous Waltzes, edited by Christophe Grabowski.
Three of the world's most respected Chopin specialists have been appointed as Series Editors: John Rink, Jim Samson and Jean-Jacques Eigeldinger. With further expertise provided by Christophe Grabowski, the Editorial Consultant, their unrivalled collective knowledge imbues this project with unique authority, drawing upon the latest international scholarship to ensure the stylistic integrity and consistency of the edition.
Key Features include:
- An introductory essay in English, German and French examining the historical background, compositional features and performance practice issues
- The identification of, and adherence to, a single principal source
- A detailed and comprehensive critical commentary
- Chopin's authentic fingerings only
- Emphasis placed on retaining expressive features of the original notation
- Notes on the editorial principles and methodology guiding the whole project.