The cantata Nun Komm Der Heiden Heiland (TVWV 1:1174) is taken from Telemann’s cantata cycle of 1717–18. Though festively scored for two Oboes, two Trumpets, Kettledrums, Strings and Basso Continuo, it will not overly strain the financial resources of today’s ensembles.
The well-known chorale tune features prominantly in all choruses. Telemann gives one aria each to the three soloists (SAB). Thanks to the relatively small instrumental ensemble, the choral passages can be taken one to a part. The vocal score appears with a singing translation in English.
- Urtext based on the latest scholarly research.
- Straightforward and easy-to-play Keyboard reduction.
- Duration: approx. 15 minutes.
- Singing translation in English
- Vocal score (BA7677-90) and performance material (BA7677) available for sale.