Whether you're dreaming of starting a band, striking the snares, or simply playing a hand drum, this interactive book-and-CD package makes it easy to pick up the basics.
Complete with new information on contemporary rock styles and beats as well as rhythms from around the world, this guide is all you need to become a talented, versatile drummer.
- Bang out basic rhythms - with or without sticks
- Understand fundamental drumming techniques
- Explore other percussion instruments
- Find the perfect drum set
- Purchase, tune, and maintain your drums
...and on the accompanying CD-ROM
- MP3 files of each rhythm and beat that you can play along with
- Rhythms for hand drums — from the bongos and congas to the surdo, tar, and udu
- Solos to amaze the other members in the band
All this, with the no-nonsense and humorous approach that you expect from the Dummies