This DVD will introduce you to the world of octave playing in the style of Wes Montgomery, George Benson, Joe Pass and Pat Metheny.
Learn how to dramatically, musically and effortlessly expand your soloing with tips on touch, tone, time, and style.
Using octaves will enable you to expand the melodic possibilities of soloing far beyond scales, licks and chords, giving you powerful new tools for improvisation across all styles.
This DVD will guide you through playing octaves, from easy-to-play contemporary jazz pieces right through some of the most advanced and expressive jazz playing!
- Octave basics around the neck
- Using the thumb, fingers and pick for maximum versatility
- Chord solo concepts using octaves
- Blues licks, scales and chromatic riffs in octaves
- Play melodies expressively with octaves
- Developing an awesome touch using right hand tonal techniques
- Creating a naturally expressive style using techniques such as ‘dynamic contouring’
- Expressive devices such as slurs, tremolo, slides and additional harmony beyond octaves
- Lots of solo ideas to develop and adapt into your own style