A concerto for Percussion and Orchestra.
Commissioned by the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland.
Tuesday 4 January 2005, Usher Hall, Edinburgh by Colin Currie (solo percussion)
and The National Youth Orchestra of Scotland conducted by Garry Walker
- Solo percussion:
- Marimba, metal wind chimes [mark tree], Chinese Bell tree, Vibraphone, Tubular bells, 4 conga drums, 4 tom toms, 4 bongos
Percussion (4 Players):
- 2 Flutes
- 2 Oboes
- 2 Clarinets in Bb
- 2 Bassoons
- 4 Horns in F
- 3 Trumpets in C
- PERC A 1o: Tubular bells, cymbal [medium], wood blocks, crotales
- PERC A 2o: Metal wind chimes [mark tree], Side drum, temple blocks, Tam-tam
- PERC B 1o: xylophone, glockenspiel, side drum, cymbal [high], tomtoms
- PERC B 2o: Chinese bell tree, Bass drum, maracas, triangle, sleigh bells
Duration: circa 17 min.