Includes demonstration DVD introducing basic techniques and notation.
Since if first appeared in the 1930s, the concise, clear content of the best-selling A Tune A Day series has revolutionised music-making in the classroom and the home.
Now, for the first time, C Paul Herfurth’s original books have been completely rewritten with new music and the latest in instrumental technique for a new generation of musicians.
The A New Tune A Day books have the same logical, gentle pace, and keen attention to detail, but with a host of innovations: the inclusion of an audio CD – with actual performances and backing tracks – will make practice even more fun and exciting, and the explanatory diagrams and photographs will help the student to achieve the perfect technique and tone.
The book contains:
- Advice on equipment
- Instructions for an effective technique and a comfortable posture
- Explanatory section on reading drum notation
- Easy-to-follow lessons on clear, uncluttered pages
- Audio CD with a virtuoso performance, backing tracks and audio examples
- Compatible with A New Tune A Day for Electric Guitar and A New Tune A Day for Bass Guitar
- Tests to check progress and comprehension
- Useful pull-out library of drum grooves.
An all-round drummer Chris Baker played jazz in his early years in the English Midlands, before relocating to Los Angeles to study under some of the legends of modern drumming: Steve Houghton (Woody Herman), Ralph Humphries (Frank Zappa) and Joe Porcaro (Frank Sinatra).
Chris has toured internationally and records with a wide range of important ensembles. He continues to develop headhandsfeet, a successful teaching practice. Chris currently divides his time between London and the Midlands.