is an innovative series for the beginner Alto or Tenor Saxophonist who wants to play Jazz, Rock and other contemporary music styles whilst developing a solid technique. The idiomatic exercises and pieces encourage an awareness of authentic styles and give players the confidence to begin improvising from as early as possible.
An accompanying CD features backings for many of the pieces, performed by world-class musicians, giving the student an opportunity to experience playing against a real band.
- Introduces essential techniques
- Builds confidence and fluency in performance and improvisation
- Harmonics, vibrato, alternative and altissimo fingerings all covered
- Provides interesting and effective ways gto practice scales, modes and arpeggios
- Develops improvisation skills through focusing on patterns, cycle of fifths, II-V-I and transcription