British Guitar guru Adrian Legg guides you through some of his trademark devices that will help you look at the instrument in a new, unusual and creative way. His pioneering ideas are designed to help you step away from all the pre-conceived ideas of how a guitar works and what it can do.
The techniques in this tutorial will add rich textures and stunning effects to your arrangements. They include:
- Use of Keith-style banjo tuners
- Imitating the sound of the pedal steel guitar
- Using double string bends
- working with harmonised scales
- Using half-capos that leave some strings ringing whilst barring others
Nine full instrumental pieces are used to show these ideas in context, including Silent Night
, Auld Lang Syne
and Brooklyn Blossom
. Each piece is explored in depth, examining the possibilities for embellishment that will transform each performance into something that is entirely your own.