This wonderful collection aims to provide a comprehensive resource-book covering a highly significant part of the Church's year. Its contents span all periods of what is a marvellously rich and uniquely prolific area of church music, and it contains much that is not widely available elsewhere under one cover.
A major policy in compiling the contents has been to ensure that they are relevant to a broad range of musical traditions, with pieces of varying degrees of difficulty to suit the needs and abilities of all choirs. The requirements of the increasing number of small choral groups, as distinct from church and cathederal choirs, have similarly been catered for in the choice of material.
- Presents pieces in order according to the Church's calendar from Ash Wednesday and Lent to Easter, with a generous number of pieces for each season or day
- Includes the best of the standard repertoire, for example Byrd's Civitas Sancti Tui and Stainer's God So Loved The World
- Contains fine, less familiar works and new or recent arrangements of well-known tunes, such as This Joyful Eastertide, Now The Green Blade Riseth and Were You There
- Contains a number of newly comissioned anthems from well-known church composers
- Includes important liturgical settings, for example two versions of the Litany (BCP and ASB), Vidi Aquam and Easter Alleluias
- Ranges widely from the sixteenth century to the present day and across all the major traditions