The purpose of the John W. Schaum Piano Course is:
- To teach piano in the most natural and happiest way
- To present technical information accurately and progressively
- Not to define the scope of Crade I -or Grade II- or any other grades
- Not to confine the intellectual range of the pupil within the first year or any other period of time.
- But to offer a gradual and progressive pedagodic continuity through a series of books named Pre-A, A, B, C,D
- Leading to the eventual mastery of the instrument
The POPULAR PIANO PIECES books correspond with the traditional course books, providing the student with additional material to reinforce the musical understanding and keyboard skills acquired through study of the Course books.
Each piece has been carefully selected and carefully arranged to capture and retain the interest of the performer and the listener. The solo arrangements are complete and satisfying; The duet accompaniments add harmonic and rhythmic flavor.