Favourite Operatic Arias – Vol. 1 for Flute or Oboe and Piano is an anthology of famous pieces arranged by Armando Ghidoni. Written for intermediate players, this first volume features five pieces which can be played along with the CD which includes the Piano part for each song.
The five pieces are:
- “Habanera”, from Carmen by Bizet
- “Che faró senza Euridice” from Orfeo Ed Euridice by Glück
- “E lucevan le stelle” from Tosca by Puccini
- “Questa o quella per me pari sono” from Rigoletto by Verdi
- “Brindisi” from La Traviatta by Verdi
Armando Ghidoni is an Italian musician who is very famous in France. He composed and arranged a large variety of pieces, influenced by the impressionism à la française and incorporating jazz rhythms to his music. He composed religious pieces, operas and numerous pieces of chamber music among others.