This first volume of Twelve Pieces by Gaston Litaize is a set of six pieces for Organ. With a difficulty that would fit the skills of upper intermediate players, these pieces require the use of pedals.
This first tome includes:
1. Prelude, dedicated to Lauret Bolli, his friend
2. Double Fugue
3. Lied, dedicated to Guy Lambert
4. Intermezzo Pastoral, dedicated to Miss Line Zilgien
5. Final, dedicated to his professor Marcel Dupré
6. Lamento, dedicated to his friend Maurice Dalphin
And the second tome consists of:
8. Toccata sur le veni creator
10. Jeux de rythmes
12. Variations sur un Noël angevin
This piece is quite famous among Gaston Litaize’s compositions.
Gaston Litaize (1909-1991) was a French organist and Composer, blind since his youth. Considered as one of the Organ masters of his times, he toured and worked on many recordings. He was also a good professor, and composed many pieces for solo Organ and for Organ with other instruments.