One of the foremost personalities in the world of Jazz Guitar, Larry Coryell has played against the best, and here presents an insight into his distinctive and fluid approach.
From bebop heroes Sonny Rollins and Charles Mingus to fusion superstars Chick Corea and John McLaughlin, Coryell's guitar playing has graced the recordings of the hottest stars in Jazz, making him a guitarist of huge reputation and respect. In this three-part DVD series Coryell analyses his own Jazz perspective, providing an empirical method of solo and chord improvisation.
Volume one includes:
- Major scales all over the neck
- Minor, diminished and whole-tone tonalities
- Accents within picking patterns
- Modes and intervals
- Building an intellectual understanding between chords and scales
- Movements between harmony and bass
- Going beyond chord/scale usage
- Single-line improvising through changes
- Chord substitutions