The ideal chance to become familiar with the stirring and heart-warming world of Celtic music on the fingerstyle Guitar, with award-winning performer Pat Kirtley. Kirtley teaches six traditional tunes from Ireland and Scotland in the DADGAD open tuning. The arrangements are designed for guitarists that already possess a fairly confident playing ability, but are looking to explore new worlds of tonality and musical heritage.
You will learn
- The structure and form of Celtic tunes
- How to understand and play dance rhythms such as the Jig and Reel
- How to identify different types of tune within the genre
- How to play authentic Celtic ornaments from fiddle and wind techniques
- How to embellish a melody
- The importance of the DADGAD tuning