This instructional DVD breaks down advanced concepts into simple ideas that can first be understood, then applied to the drum kit. Topics covered include:
- hand exercises that will make expressing easier by developing the technique to play your ideas
- how to develop good time and more important, a good feeling groove
- getting started with ghost notes
- soloing ideas
- understanding the parallels of 4/4 and 6/8
- metric modulation
- 2 drum solos that feature all of these ideas in a musical context.
DVD Bonus features include a live performance featuring Steve with his trio Altered
plus multiple camera angles allow you to watch the band or just the drums.