Virgil Thomson's The Jumblies for SATB choir with Soprano solo and Piano accompaniment.
This composition is one movement of a larger work entitled 'Cantata on Poems of Edward Lear'. The complete work consists of five movements, which are performed in the following order:
1. The Owl and the Pussycat (Soprano and Baritone soli, Piano)
2. The Jumblies (Soprano solo, SATB chorus, Piano)
3. The Pelican Chorus (Soprano and Baritone soli, SATB chorus, Piano)
4. Half an Alphabet (SATB chorus, Piano)
5. The Akond of Swat (Baritnoe solo, SATB chorus, Piano)