A daring reimagination of a rumbling classic, the Squier Contemporary Active Jazz Bass introduces enticing, cutting-edge features to a tried-and-true platform. With a matching headstock for a streamlined appearance and the stealthy vibe of black chrome hardware, this head-turning J Bass® is the embodiment of “bold.”
The Contemporary Active Jazz Bass caters to modern players with a 12”-radius maple fingerboard on a slim, modern “C”-shaped neck profile, providing fast and comfortable playability. At the heart of this monster is a pair of Squier SQR™ ceramic humbucking pickups that produce high fidelity tone great for any style. Further enhancing tone versatility is an active 9-volt preamp, offering intuitive controls for volume, pickup blend, traditional tone and stacked boost controls for bass and treble.
- Dual Squier SQR ceramic humbucking pickups
- Active 9-volt preamp with controls for Volume, Blend, Tone and Bass/Treble Boost
- Modern “C”-shaped neck profile with 12”-radius fingerboard
- Maple fingerboard with 20 frets
- Matching painted headstock
- Black chrome hardware