Psalm 42 Op.42 As the hart pants (Wie der Hirsch schreit nach frischem Wasser)
The setting of Psalm No.42 Op.42 “Wie der Hirsch schreit nach frischem Wasser” (“As the hart pants after the waterbrooks”) for soloists, mixed choir and full orchestra dates back to 1837. The well-known Mendelssohn specialist John Michael Cooper has evaluated the first printed edition of the score prepared by the composer himself as well as taking all other important sources into account.
This Urtext edition is rounded off by a detailed critical commentary (Ger/Eng). The piano reduction is by Mendelssohn and is an authentic part of this edition.
- Psalm with a large orchestral scoring in a Urtext edition
- Bilingual foreword (Ger/Eng)
- Original German as well as English text
- Includes a piano reduction by the composer
- Full score & parts (BA9074) and vocal score (BA9074-90) available for sale