Everything in this simple beginner's guide to music theory is geared toward the Guitar so that you're able to apply the theoretical concepts directly to your instrument. Featuring hands-on activities like quizzes, assignments, ear training, and audio examples, this workbook teaching system is designed to reinforce each musical concept through application and practice.
Topics covered include:
• The basics of music notation
• The way notes interact with each other
• How collections of notes form scales and keys
• How chords are created and how they function within keys
• How to identify notes, scales and chords by ear
• The relationships of notes, scales, and chords of the Guitar fretboard. Includes access to audio tracks online for download or streaming.