Mel Bay's Complete Fiddling Book is a compilation of arrangements of traditional tunes by several outstanding practitioners of the art of Fiddle playing: Craig Duncan, Bill Guest, Dave Reiner, Frank Zucco, and Joe Castle.
From The Arkansas Traveler to The Yellow Rose of Texas, over 300 colourful Fiddle tunes populated this book's 205 pages. Scant on text or historical notes, but long on musical content, the Complete Fiddling Book is a great resource for any Fiddler or teacher in search of a delightful, toe-tapping repertoire. Although most of the tunes are written for solo Fiddle, the last ten pieces are arranged as Fiddle duets. A masterful solo collection presenting a vivid assortment of Fiddling styles and repertoire.
Included in the online video, Fiddler Craig Duncan and Guitarist Robert Bowlin perform 34 favourite tunes which are played at a slow and medium tempo to demonstrate many Fiddling techniques. Split-screen filming features close-up angles of both the left hand and the bow. This video is the perfect companion to the Complete Fiddling Book, bringing the teacher right into your living room.
• Compilation of arrangements of traditional tunes
• Over 300 colourful Fiddle tunes populate the 205 pages
• Most for solo Fiddle, but the last ten pieces are arranged as Fiddle duets
• Intermediate to advanced in difficulty
• A split-screen companion online video of 34 tunes performed by Craig Duncan and Guitarist Robert Bowlin.