This book by Dix Bruce contains a collection of Mandolin solos that span a range of styles and levels of difficulty and are aimed at advanced beginners to intermediate-level players.
Extensive notes are included about the breaks and the techniques used to play each piece. The material can be practiced alongside the included online recordings at slow and regular speeds.
- Easy melodic solos/breaks.
- More advanced solos with blue notes, arpeggios, and more.
- Double stop solos.
- Essential fiddle tunes every Mandolin player should know.
- Crosspicking solos.
- A variety of kickoffs or introductions.
- Different styles of back-up Mandolin.