Composed around 1760, Die Auferstehung und Himmelfahrt Jesu is one of Telemann’s last large-scale vocal works. The libretto, by Karl Wilhelm Ramler, recounts the Biblical events from the Resurrection to the Ascension in seven sections.
Alternating between recitative, da capo arias and festive choruses, Telemann succeeds in producing a vivid and effective musical interpretation of the libretto.
Our edition of this oratorio is based on the Urtext from Georg Philipp Telemann Musical Works. The score contains a realisation of the continuo part. The work is ideal for performances in church and concert hall alike.
- Complete scholarly-critical edition based on Georg Philipp Telemann Musical Works
- An attractive addition to the repertoire with a view to the Telemann Year 2017
- Bilingual Foreword (Ger/Eng)
- Idiomatic Piano reduction
- Full score (BA5851) and vocal score (BA5851-90) available for sale
- Performance material (BA5851-72) available for hire