Cantata for Whit Sunday
In 1717 Telemann composed his cantata “Gott Der Hoffnung Erfülle Euch” for the first day of Whitsun based on a text by Erdmann Neumeister. It forms part of the “Concerten-Jahrgang”, also known as “Das Harmonische Zion” or “Italienischer Jahrgang” where all the cantatas are conceived as concertos for vocal and instrumental parts and have been colourfully scored.
This particular work includes two Oboes, two Corni da Caccia and Strings. Vocal soloists, choir and instruments alternate and have equal musical standing in this festive Whitsun cantata which provides a valuable addition to the church service or concert repertoire.
- Urtext edition based on “Georg Philipp Telemann, Musical Works”
- Cantata for the first day of Whitsun
- Ideal for church services and concerts
- An attractive addition to the repertoire with a view to the 250th anniversary of Telemann’s death (2017)
- Full score & parts (BA5898) and vocal score (BA5898-90) available for sale