Nancy and Randall Faber's student-centric Piano Adventures books have enjoyed huge success and are considered by many to be the one of the most complete and accessible methods for learning the Piano.
The Piano Adventures series is now the teaching method of choice at many leading universities and music studios around the world. One secret behind the series' success is that it doesn't just teach students to play the Piano - it helps them to develop a 'musical heart and mind', teaching them to analyse the music that they play and encouraging them to explore their own creativity and expression.
The winning combination of varied pieces to play accompanied by creative theory pages will ensure that students gain a sound technical grounding, without detracting from the enjoyment of playing the instrument.
This 'all-in-two' edition for students at level 3 includes a Technique & Performance Book and this Lesson & Theory Book.
Faber Piano Adventures: Level 3 - Lesson & Theory includes:
- A step-by-step approach to major and minor scale technique, primary chords (I, IV, V7 and i, iv, V7), the triplet, cut time, quavers and musical form.
- A wide range of musical styles from jazz to classical, including melodies of Beethoven, Grieg, Pachelbel and Tchaikovsky.
- Pianistic fingerings to build technique and graceful movement across the keyboard.
- Expressive pieces with teacher duets that build tone, articulation and phrasing.
- Discovery questions, creative activities and theory pages to develop the student's 'musical mind'.
- An included CD featuring imaginative orchestrated accompaniments which encourage expressive playing, rhythmic accuracy and practice time.