Add unique Flute sounds to your palette of colors. The Flute is capable of a great range of sounds: buzzing and whistling, clicking and growling, and much more!
This book shows you how to do dozens of different inventive effects, with etudes that put them in a musical context. The accompanying online recordings provide play-along tracks for the etudes and examples of each sound effect in isolation.
With this book you'll learn to:
- Perform essential advanced Flute techniques such as circular breathing, fourth-octave playing and beatboxing.
- Use percussive techniques, such as tongue/lip pizzicato, clicks and finger slaps.
- Explore sounds unique to isolating the mouthpiece.
- Master alternate fingerings and different types of vibrato.
- Create hybrid instruments such as the “flunette,” “flax,” and “flumpet”.
- Play pitch bends, harmonics, as well as wind and jet-whistle sounds.
- Sing and whistle while playing.
- Create electronic sounds and produce low B's and more!