Traditional Fiddle introduces eight regional Fiddle styles from England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, with contributions from world-renowned fiddlers Kevin Burke, John Dipper, Liz Doherty, Nancy Kerr, Siân Phillips, Aidan O'Rourke, Jenna Reid and Patsy Reid. This is the perfect introduction to traditional fiddling for intermediate players.
- Lively and attractive tunes suitable for players of Grades 3-7 standard.
- A range of tune types, including 3/2 hornpipes, jigs, reels, strathspeys, and morris dance tunes.
- General advice on playing traditional fiddle, including learning by ear, performance practice, and much more.
- An overview of each style, plus detailed exploration of the first tune in each chapter in the form of a workshop.
- Practical advice on bowing, ornamentation, and other key stylistic features.
- CD with accompanied performances of all of the tunes and demonstrations of selected ornaments and bowing patterns.
- Companion Website with backing tracks and suggestions for further reading and listening.