The "A"-style Washburn M1S Mandolin delivers excellent playability and well-rounded tones, ideal for beginners. The solid spruce top and maple back and sides combine to produce a bright sound with great projection. With its affordable price, the M1S Mandolin is the ideal starting instrument for any musician. Whether you're a bluegrass, Celtic or rock player, see how the addition of a mandolin can broaden your sonic palette and add a new dimension to your music!
With humble beginnings in Chicago in the 1880s, Washburn has become an American institution in the musical instrument industry. Whether a Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo, or Ukulele, Washburn combine quality construction with premium materials, to deliver an instrument ready to perform on any stage. Many of the biggest names in folk, blues, and rock 'n' roll have played with these quality instruments.
- Classic Mandolin tones, perfect for all styles of music.
- "A"-style mandolin with F-holes
- Solid spruce top for projection and bright tone
- Maple back and sides for extra volume and presence
- Rosewood fretboard and bridge
- Gloss Sunburst finish