Encore is the official collection of best-loved ABRSM Piano exam pieces from Grades 1 to 8.
Book 3 features popular pieces previously set on ABRSM Grades 5 and 6. Have fun exploring modern favourites and timeless classics, like Satie’s Gymnopedie No. 1, or Haydn’s Vivace assai. Plus, we’ve included background information and new ideas for exploring the music. Encore is perfect for:
- Developing skills and technique between grades.
- Sourcing music for a concert or recital
- Learning or playing for fun, away from the exam format.
- Adults returning to Piano playing, looking for approachable repertoire they’ll recognise.
For teachers, we’ve made sure that the content is perfectly balanced at every level. For quick reference, each piece has a note highlighting skills to focus on. Encore is packed full of music that will:
- Motivate students – all the pieces have been chosen for their ongoing popular appeal.
- Form a bank of rich content, so you can pick and choose pieces to help each student improve.
- Introduce new skills and techniques, to prepare exam candidates for the next level.
Whether you’re working through our exams, playing informally, or planning a performance, Encore is full of music you’ll want to play again and again.
Gedike Miniature in D Minor is included on ABRSM Piano Grade 5 Syllabus, 2107-2018
Cornick's Modulations is included on ABRSM Piano Grade 6 Syllabus, 2107-2018