The Vocal Score for Finnish composer Aulis Sallinen
's Barabbas Dialogues Op. 84
, arranged for five singers and a speaker. Please note that this Vocal Score is in German, with German lyrics also.
Commissioned by the Naantali Music Festival in Finland, the premiere of Barabbas Dialogues was given at the Naantali Church on the 11th of June 2004. The main inspiration for this work in seven dialogues was the new Finnish translation of the Bible, and the character of Barabbas whose fascinating story makes for a deeply interesting character.
The work as a whole is comprised of:
- Dialogue 1: Nocturne (The Woman - Barabbas)
- Dialogue 2: Easter I (Judas - One of The Twelve)
- Dialogue 3: Easter II (Barabbas - One of The Twelve)
- Dialogue 4: Easter III (Judas - One of The Twelve)
- Dialogue 5: Pas de Deux (The Maiden - The Youth)
- Dialogue 6: Passacaglia (The Woman - Barabbas - The Maiden - The Youth)
- Dialogue 7: Finale (all)