The Boss RC-1
is the simplest and most intuitive version of the Loop Station
available, making complicated and confusing looping a thing of the past. With 12 minutes of recording time and playback, overdub, undo or redo capabilities, it's a big, powerful looper in a small box.
Boss have led the way in the looping revolution, with artists like Ed Sheeran popularising the practise of being your own band. With many other complex pedals on the market today, the Boss RC-1 is straightforward and easy-to-use, allowing you to have fun while building seriously cool soundscapes and live multi-tracks. You can record up to 12 minutes of sound, as well as playing this back, overdubbing, undoing or redoing, all with the sturdy, durable and all-but bombproof classic Boss casing.
The new and original loop indicator features a 24-segment LED that allows you to instantly see the status of your current track. You can quickly note where your recording, overdubbing or playing modes lie, letting you create that live masterpiece that you know you can make, while also looking insanely cool. The stereo input and output jacks let you connect to stereo effects and amplifiers, for those (justifiably) not content with mere mono.
The RC-1 can be powered by either a single 9V battery for around 4.5 hours, or you can use an AC power supply. The external footswitch accessory opens up the versatility of this particular loop station, letting you undo and redo at the touch of a foot.
The Boss RC-1 Loop Station is the most affordable, advanced and easy-to-use loop pedal in its price range, letting you do all the things that more expensive loopers can do, but in an intuitive and user-friendly way.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 12 minutes
- Controls: Pedal switch LEVEL knob
- CHECK indicator
- LOOP indicator
- INPUT A (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- INPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT A (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- STOP/UNDO jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply:
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- AC adaptor (sold separately) Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used.
- Current: Draw 95 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.) Alkaline: Approx. 3 hours
- Accessories: Owner's manual Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information") Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7