With the Korg Volca Beats Analogue Drum Machine
, you can create classic drum beats with real analogue drum sounds in an easy-to-use sequencer model. Those punchy and powerful drums make on-the-fly creativity and inspiration a breeze, while your drums themselves will be gale-force.
Following in the footsteps of those old trusty drum machines that we have heard on countless records, the Korg Volca Beats takes these and gives them a thoroughly modern groove. Six of those essential drums are provided, the kick, snare, hi-tom, low-tom, and closed and open hi-hats. The drawbacks of digital drum machines are kicked into shape with the Volca Beats, representing the direction back to analogue that modern music has been taking. The simplistic layout of this machine means you can create beats swiftly and with ease, yet the rhythms you can create are far from simple. With just three knobs for the kick drum, you can adjust the click, pitch and decay, finding the perfect sound. The PCM sound engine gives you access to claps, crashes and claves, adding a further dynamic to your rhythms.
The sequencer layout has been borrowed from the renowned Electribe, making editing and improvising a natural part of creation. There are 16 step keys which allow you to see where the loop is going, and also to add or remove parts in real time. The internal memory can hold up to eight patterns at any one time, letting you store your best loops for performances. The stutter function lets you add fills, drum rolls and delays, all the while saving these as part of your sequences. The new and innovative active step and step jump functions let you alter the dynamics of your beats by skipping phrases or highlighting certain parts, bringing a new dimension to your Volca Beats.
The convenience and practicality of the Korg Drum Machine is second-to-none, with a sync jack for connectivity with the rest of the Volca range, as well as a MIDI IN connector, allowing you to use it with a MIDI keyboard or your Digital Audio Workstation. It can be operated by batteries or an optional power cable, and the built-in speaker lets you take it anywhere and make pumping beats wherever you are.
For the key specifications and an introductory video, take a look below.
- Keyboard - Multi touch trigger pad / step key
- Analog Synthesis - Kick, Snare, Hi Tom, Lo Tom, Closed Hi Hat/Open Hi Hat
- PCM Synthesis - Clap, Claves, Agogo, Crash
- Kick - Click, Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Snare - Snappy, Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Tom - Hi Pitch, Lo Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Hi Hat - Closed Decay, Open Decay, Grain, Part Level
- PCM - Speed, Part Level
- Number of parts - 10
- Number of Steps - 16
- Number of Recording Patterns - 8
- Audio Output - Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In - 3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V
- Sync Out - 3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V
- MIDI - In
- Battery Life - Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- AC adapter - KA-350 Please note that this is not included
- Dimensions - 193 × 115 ×45 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.78 inches
- Weight - 372 g / 0.82lbs (Excluding batteries)