With the Korg Volca Bass Sequencer
you can create a powerful analogue bass sound that is incredibly versatile and more flexible than similar digital sequencers. It may seem simple but this is a great piece of kit for creating, editing and composing bass loops on the fly.
If you play any style of music with a strong bass presence, any EDM, house, trance or hip-hop, the Korg Volca Bass Sequencer is for you. Inspired by the legendary Electribe, its intuitive layout will inspire you to create everything from floor-shaking rhythms to bone-crushing loops.
The Volca Bass contains three oscillators that can work independently or together to create a fantastic array of booming bass sounds. Everyone knows there are limitations to digital nowadays, so the best producers are moving back to analogue, and this piece of kit gives you all the goodness associated with that in an inexpensive yet powerful package. The analogue sounds are crisp and warm, fat and thick, and can create innumerable different tones when used in one-part or three-part chord mode. You can even create a sequence that uses different oscillators, giving you a diverse range of sounds in one section of your composition. Korg's legendary analogue filter has been incorporate within this box, allowing you to change the filter intuitively according to your every whim.
The design of the Bass Sequencer comes from a long historical pedigree of Korg's inspirational and user-friendly logic. Editing is made easy, improvising is a breeze and real-time recording is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! With 16 keys and an internal memory for up to eight sequencers, this is a real catalyst for creativity. Not only this, but the slide function allows you to get that unmistakeable acid bass sound, while the active step function lets you diversify your rhythms by skipping steps during playback, simulating improvisational dynamic changes.
There is also an in-built self-tuner that overcomes pitch shift, a common problem associated with analogue synthesisers. Furthermore, you can synchronise playback with the other Volcas in the series, and with the 'SyncKontrol' iPhone app, you can even control it from your phone! With an essential MIDI connection, you can plug it into your Digital Audio Workstation, while the built-in speaker means you can also take it into the fresh air. Check out the specifications and the video below to really get to know this powerful sequencer.
- Keyboard - Multi touch Keyboard / step key
- Synthesizer Type - Analog synthesis
- Structure - 3VCO, 1VCF, 1VCA, 1LFO, 1EG
- VCO Wave - Saw, Square
- VCF - Cutoff, Peak, EG Int
- VCF Type - Low Pass Filter, 12 db/oct
- VCA - EG on/of, Sustain on/off
- LFO - Rate, Int, Target (Amp, Pitch, Cutoff), Wave (Triangle, Square)
- EG - Attack, Decay/Release, Sustain
- Number of parts - 3
- Number of Steps - 16
- Number of Recording Patterns - 8
- Audio Output - Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI - In
- Battery Life - Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- AA alkaline battery ×6
- AA nickel-metal hydride battery ×6
- AC adapter “KA-350” (sold separately)
- Dimensions - 193 × 115 × 46 mm
- Weight - 370 g / 0.82 lbs (Excluding batteries)