This book contains a series of questions that will help you to prepare fully for Unit 6 (Further Musical Understanding) of your A Level exam. It has been carefully written to match the requirements of the new Edexcel A2 Music specification, relating to the set works that you will study for examination in 2015, 2016 or 2017. It can be used for coursework, or for revision and preparation in the final weeks before your exam.
Edexcel: A2 Music Listening Tests - 4th Edition includes:
- Listening tests that help you to prepare for Section A of the written paper.
- Practice questions for Sections B and C of the written paper.
- Over 20 dictation exercises that provide valuable practice for the Aural Awareness question.
- A comprehensive glossary that explains all of the terms you need to know.
- Helpful hints and advice to enable you to achieve a better grade.
Model answers to all of the questions and a full track listing can be found at the back of the book.
A CD of the musical extracts used in the questions is available separately: Edexcel A2 Music Listening Tests 4th edition CD, ISBN 978-1-78305-584-5 (RHG353).
MP3 files to go with the Dictation exercises (pages 21-27 of the book) can be downloaded here.