This collection presents a varied repertoire by J. S. Bach, arranged for the Organ by Martin Setchell.
Bringing a wealth of popular pieces under the fingers and feet of intermediate players, this volume caters for all parts of the church service, as well as providing recital repertoire and popular encores.
Taking its cue from the Baroque practice of transcription, and with the needs of modern players in mind, Bach Transcriptions For Organ presents a set of pieces with wide and varied use and makes a valuable addition to any organist's repertoire.
This volume includes:
- A selection of varied repertoire by J. S. Bach in new arrangements for the Organ.
- 16 pieces from a cross-section of the master's instrumental and Choral works.
- Practical new transcriptions by a leading concert organist, suited to most Organs.
- Music suitable for all parts of a church service - preludes, postludes, and communion pieces - as well as recital repertoire and popular encores.
- A host of well-known favourites, including the Badinerie from Orchestral Suite No. 2, the slow movement of the Double Violin Concerto, and the Pastoral Symphony from the Christmas Oratorio, as well as less familiar works.