From the author of the popular ABCs of Strings method, Janice Tucker Rhoda's Complete Technique for Cello Book 1 suits the advanced beginner to upper level student wishing to learn or improve left hand and right bow-arm skills.
Starting in first position, and proceeding carefully through the higher positions, this method book uses studies and exercises to demonstrate specific technical ideas.
417 Exercises include 63 Musical Studies in Positions 1 through 5.
- Positions 1 through 5
- Extended positions
- Half Position
- Bass, tenor and treble clefs
- 3 octave C Major Scale to IV and VII position
- Advanced chromatic scale to IV V and VII position
- Basic thumb position
- Worksheets for note-reading
- Scales, arpeggios, broken thirds
- Improvisational melodies
- Double-Stops, chords, octaves
- Arm Swing left-hand and bow-arm technique
- Bow balancing exercises
- Ballet of Shifting exercises
- Quick Finger exercises
- Finger Substitution exercises
- Left-hand pizzicato exercises
- Teaching points throughout